Sunday, December 10, 2017

Petals Across The Pond

I know it seems I've been bone-idle for the last couple of months,  but truly I have been working diligently hard on this project, which I can finally share now.

DIL picked out this design from internet photos.  This was a virtual quilt design by Judy Butcher of virtualquilter.wordpress.com.  I was not provided with the project file or instructions, I just made my own plan for it, with a few minor adjustments, mainly to make the center medallion into a rectangle.  Judy lives in Australia, which may help  explain the name of the quilt.  Thank you, Judy,  for sharing this  design inspiration.

This quilt has 1,106 raw-edge appliqued petals.   The quilt finished at  96 x 106 .  It sure feels bigger when you try to lift it.  Most of it was quilted on my Janome 9400 using westalee rulers and templates.  What alot of fun I had!




and here is the back:



and a close up:



a different angle:




As this is a huge finish for me,   I am joining linky parties all week.  Please visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing too.

Wednesday  -  Sew Fresh Quilts
                  -  QuiltFabrication
 Thursday  -  My Quilt Infatuation
Friday  -  T.G.I.F.F.

Also sharing with my inspiring and helpful Yahoo friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Kat, it's simply stunning! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...I'm sure you're thrilled to have such a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an accomplishment. Congratulations ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I haven't gotten the hang of my Westalee rulers yet...but if you quilted this beauty with those I'm inspired to practice more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a stunning quilt! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I like your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very fantastic dear Kat! It is gorgeous and amazing that you did it on a domestic sit down machine! I would love to see more close up photos because your quilting is so pretty! Thanks for posting such inspiration! Hugs, Deb Quiltbeeme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is just fabulous! Congrats on an amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful work! Congrats on the big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Very nice quilt. Love that back - did you quilt it as-you-go style, or did you meticulously match up those bands? Either way - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh! That quilt is a work of art! You are amazing in hanging in and having the patience to make such a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that is gorgeous! I love the way you quilted it, that is one big beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have out done yourself! The back is stunning with the quilting, but also the borders you included too. Thank you for sharing a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!