Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Hugs & Kisses ICC #4

This is my version of the Hugs & Kisses quilt,  free patttern can be found here ........


I used 3 fabrics, a celery green print for the background, a lovely green and a lovely pink/orange print for alternating blocks.  It really makes a pretty quilt.  I pieced and assembled it over 2 afternoons   I may make another one once I get over my disappointment of having to trim the blocks down to a smaller size.  I used the strip/stratta method to make this one.  I may try traditional cutting/piecing next time.  I have the perfect fleece print for a backing and it is now in my ' waiting to be sandwiched' pile.



I'm sharing today with Connie at Freemotion By the River  and  

Wednesday sharing with  Susan of Quilt Fabrication   and  Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.

Be sure to visit these sites to see what other quilters are sharing today.  
Thanks so much for stopping by.



closeup of background fabric,  just for Carol.






13 comments:

  1. Kat, that's lovely! But, are you sure the background is a "celery green print"? LOL, it looks quite white to me. Regardless, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE that background! Thanks, Kat!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty, so fresh! makes me wanting for Spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat how will you be quilting it
    great job ,love the colours
    Jennifer
    Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! The colors look great together. I especially like the background. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just lovely. I made a quilt last year in very similar colours and it's a fun combination. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the link was first shared for this I thought meh but yours is great! May have to make one of this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors. I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really pretty quilt with your fabric choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet quilt, I love the wway colors are going well together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Hugs and Kisses quilt is soooooooooo pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!