Monday, October 15, 2018

Spring Splash Navy

I got an impulse to make a Spring Splash quilt.  It is a great pattern,  free to you from McCall's Quilting here........ https://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quilt/pattern-spring-splash/

I made one years ago from a Christmas print.  They are so fun to put together.  Here is my version from a Navy- folk art flowers print.  It finished at 45 inches square.



I backed it with a solid red fleece.  I had great fun quilting it.  You can see all the detail by looking  from the back.  The thread sinks into the fleece and the quilting design dances around the quilt.



It's been a long time since I had something I could share.  I'm linking up with these great linky parties this week:



Be sure to visit these sites this week to see what other quilters are sharing.  
Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Your quilting is great! The fleece shows it off so well. I remember the pattern. (I was going to say I "reMcCall" it.) I wonder how it would look multiplied, repeating the stars with the checkerboard sashing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I had to go right out and download that pattern link. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! What a beautiful finish to share today. I love the pattern, and your quilting looks wonderful. I have not tried machine quilting with fleece as a backing (just hand quilted). Did you have any issues? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt and thank you for the link. You are brave to quilt with fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! And the red backing really shows off the quilting nicely - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!