Monday, May 6, 2019

Alabama Rambler revised - AQAW 1a

This is the original block



My revised - simplified version



Quilt Layouts:


My fav,-- 9 blocks @ 17" each because I wanted the squares on point to be 6 inches.  I will use all these areas for free motion quilting designs.  A 365 block-a-day quilt along with Natalia Bonner.  You can read about it  at Piece and Quilt  HERE .  You could use these open areas for fussy cut motifs or embroidery or even a pieced block.




Here is a 12 block layout - 51 x 68.  A really nice lap size




 or an on-point layout?  this one is 40 inches square




I plan to assemble in diagonal rows of squares and geese.  seems simpler to me. but here is a typical rotary cutting plan ...............


17  inch   block


I think the colors are happy and remind me of summer.   I'm sharing with Judy for Design Wall Monday.

 Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Love your design! And I love your colors as well. But I have barely have had spring yet, so I can't think of summer yet. Then again, this does look like lilacs and daffodils. So for me, spring it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!