Sunday, July 19, 2020

Jungle Jim

This is a pattern offered free  here,  just scroll down a bit to find the pdf file....
https://www.joscountryjunction.com/friday-finish-jimmy-john-and-free-pattern/

A few years ago, the Stashbusters yahoo group put out a challenge to make quilts from your jelly rolls.  I didnt have any jelly rolls at the time, but I did cut my own from my stash.  I was aiming for autumn colors.

So this was a flimsy for a long time,  maybe someone at Stashbusters will remind me what year I succomed to that challenge. ?  Our Myra also made one and I admired her using a light blue background where I used white.  Oh well,  it is finished NOW.

I quilted it on my domestic with allover baptist fans in honor of Marianne.  She always said the baptist fan worked well on any quilt!  It finished at 63 x 77.  It's already been washed and ready for gifting.  I call it Jungle Jim, just because I couldnt get that out of my head.



I'm linking up with ................




Wednesday ………..  Quilt Fabrication
                                                                                  The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday ........ For the Love of Geese
                                                                                   
                                                             Friday …………. Alycia Quilts

Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dottie. Need more finishes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat quilt! I have a jelly roll waiting to be a quilt, so I’m collecting ideas. And I love the Baptist Fans. Do you double back on some of the lines to be able to keep quilting, or are there lots of starts and stops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a lovely finish, Kat! I'm off to have a look at the pattern for my next donation quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lively design! I like the colors. Congratulations on a fine finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can loan you some flimsy to finish....giggle. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story this quilt has! Great to see it done. Love the fall colors. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish... and wise words from Marianne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Jungle Jim quilt looks fabulous! Great job wrapping up that UFO into a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!