Monday, February 7, 2022

Q4K 22-2 Grandmas Goodness

 This quilt is my rendition of  'Grandmas Goodness' , a pattern by Gudrun Erla of GE Quilt Designs.   I adjusted the dimensions to fit the backing I chose.  I will make different adjustments next time I cut for this pattern.  It was so fun to put together though.  The young-happy fabrics also made it a joy.  I can see several of these little quilts in my future.  It finished at 46 x 58 .




There is cotton batting in the center and this adorable fleece on the back............


I quilted it with gold Omni thread; ditch stitching on all the panel seams and free motion in the open areas.  I tried not to over quilt so it will stay cuddley for children.  Here is a close-up; arcs in a diamond grid on the larger light areas and  straight lines with free style circles in the narrow brown strips.


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have a happy day!     Thanks so much for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. Another comfy-cozy quilt. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the right amount of quilting…you are right to keep it soft and cozy. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done and good to make a quick one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Your quilt is beautiful. I love your
    backing fabric. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love young-happy fabrics too! Very pretty quilting. I'm sure a little one will adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know you had me at plaid! Cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy little quilt! Love that plaid flannel on the back. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!