Sunday, July 3, 2022

Stepper Quilt Blues

 With the RSC color of the month for June, I cut these pieces from the scrap bin; 90 pieces of blues and 30 lime pieces for the steps.  The blocks are 9 inches finished and the quilt measures 45 x 54.  I quilted it 'just enough' and it is cuddly and warm.


I used a cotton batting in the middle and backed with a printed fleece.  It is quilted with lime green thread.  I pulled all my lengthy leftover blue 2-1/2 inch wide strips and joined for a scrappy binding too.  Fun and simple, I need those projects between my more complicated creations.


I'm joining all these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Sunday   -   Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. And voilá it is beautiful, pretty blue fabrics there. And I love the scrappy binding idea also. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this cute finish. Quilts don't have to be complicated to be beautiful. Love the back too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that lime green sets off your blue scraps and OH MY GOODNESS -- your puppy dog backing fabric is adorable!! Is it something you purchased recently or has it been waiting patiently in your stash for the perfect project? Congrats on your lovely quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and pretty! Love simple, fast projects like these. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lime pop with the pretty bright blues. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable, cuddly scrap quilt!!! And that back is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!