Monday, November 28, 2022

Kimberly Quilt by GEQuiltDesigns

 The Kimberly Quilt was a recent quilt along by GEQuiltDesigns.com.  I pin basted it at our last church sew day and one of my quilty buds loved the fabric colors and the design,  so that was inspiration enough for me to finish it up quickly.

The fabric was a layer cake I bought thru Missouri Star, which sat here for a year or two. I quilted it with Superior So Fine thread color 402 and Bottom Line in the bobbin.  It has a puffy poly batting.   I quilted it in a continuous method of orange peels working independently in several directions.  I quilt on a Janome sit down machine. It finished at 52 x 64 .  I wish I made it a tad larger.  I had intended to hand stitch down the binding on this one.  ( I do all my quilt for kids quilt bindings by machine)  But I  made the magic binding for it and then realized it gets stitched down by machine.  And so it goes and is  already gifted.


Here is the backing which was a wide back.  I like backings that have several colors in them as they will compliment many quilt top styles and color plans.



I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. That is a cool quilt!!! I like the colors!! and already gifted - go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt. I agree--the color combination is lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly linkup, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variation on Kimberly, Kat!!! I did the QAL that day, too! Love your backing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!