Sunday, March 17, 2024

Autumn in Ohio

Is this a catchy name for a bed quilt made of Ohio Stars in Autumn colors?  I started piecing this in April of 2022.  Of course, it got set aside several times.  Then you reach a point where it's time to get it done and move on.  

I quilted it on my Janome Versa Sit Down.  It was quite a job pushing the 90 x 98 quilt about while free motion quilting.  I used assorted colors of Glide thread with 80/20 batting.  I finished quilting it in February and it took several evening sessions to hand stitch the binding down.  My hand joints feel it too. The backing is a tan speckled extra wide print from Kansas Troubles.



I am delighted to have this huge UFO finished.  I am joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! That is gorgeous, and the name is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn in Ohio is a very appropriate name and this quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! You picked a perfect name for the quilt. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful no matter what you call it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just gorgeous, no wait it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a perfect name for a stunning quilt. I bet that was a large size to push thru, but wow!!! Such a great finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt! The colors are perfect for a fall theme. Love the name! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/20/wednesday-wait-loss-372

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah it does my heart good to see a fall quilt right now when everything is spring! Fall ones are always my fave! Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful border for these beautiful stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect name for the Ohio star quilt and your color choices are beautiful!. Thanks for sharing with our Design Wall Monday Linky Party. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Such pretty colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is a gorgeous fall quilt, Kat. Perfect name for it! The colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive and so pretty! Love the title, as I am originally from Ohio and I miss the fall lasting at least 2 weeks longer than here in Wisconsin. Yeah for the Ohio Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A showstopper of a quilt, Kat. Absolutely gorgeous. I am sure it will keep you very warm and very happy, regardless of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!