Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mini Christmas Rose Wreath

I finished my tabletop wreath. I did everything by machine. It's not my best job. I regret the chosen fabric for the binding. It is too light. It has a golden metallic sheen to it, but looks washed out.  But, alas, it is finished. I need to move on to other projects that I seem to think I have to do for Christmas!


This little mini measures 13" by 14".  It was paper pieced from fabric scraps. It was machine quilted with a serpentine stitch.  I love the varied effects you can get with a serpentine stitch.  I wish I could say my scrap pile is smaller.

I still have to sandwich and quilt the Christmas Rose Wreath table topper. I did manage to pull the fabrics I will use for the backing and binding.  I'm sure I spent half of my afternoon shopping my stash and deciding on just the right pieces. 

9 comments:

  1. Goodness that does look pretty as a mini!! And look at you doing some FMQ? Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What FMQ???? That is merely a serpentine stitch on a diagonal grid. Not a "free motion" anywhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cute, and I like the mini size :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat,

    It turned out really nice. All pretty and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the serpentine stitch really worked out well. I never thought of using it in a grid pattern. I learn something new every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's pretty! I don't do mini quilts, but admire the ones other folks do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got it done and love i t, how do i send a picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are showing up as a "no reply" blogger. I cannot send you a response directly. You are welcome to attach a photo of your quilt and send to me in an email and I will happily display it here.

      Delete
    2. The Christmas Wreath links don't work.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!