Thursday, August 16, 2012

Steppin to the Nines

Oh how sweet it is  .... two  UFO's from June, 2010 .... finished!  It seems like I havent been here, but I've really been busy sewing. 

A little history:  I was cleaning out some EQ files and came across one that showed more potential.  I played in the file, until I came up with this pattern.  Originally, it was a design which graduated with steps; hence the name.  Then I added 9-patches and titled my pattern "Steppin to the Nines".  You know how these things evolve. LOL  I shared this pattern with my Cbees group and we had an on-line workshop weekend.  It was lots of fun and lots of STT9 tops were created.

This first STT9 quilt is finished with a diagonal quilting grid.  My sheltie, Kody,  managed to squeeze into the photo, in the bottom left corner.  Isn't he a doll!    The quilt is about 54" square.


The 2nd STT9 quilt is just a bit smaller because of the different border treatment. It is quilted in a straight grid.  It is about 46" square.


Still, these are two finishes, all washed and cuddly and ready for children.  How sweet it is!






3 comments:

  1. Wow Kat! They turned out great. Your finishes put me to shame, but looking at your STT9s makes me want to try a new start...........giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern Kat! I'm going to have to take a look and see if I can catch up a little. I don't think I've touched a machine in weeks. But these are so bright and adorable. Not sure which border I like best, both are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the two finishes. Love those quilts - they are a great pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!