Friday, November 30, 2012

Snug as a bug in a Mug Rug

I have been busy fussing over mug rugs. I have not accomplished anything monumental! I am  ready to move on since one rug hit the waste basket and here is the rest of them.  Not one of them even close to perfect.


Is it normal for the smaller items to be more difficult to create than the large ones?  I kept changing techniques, as each one produced  unsatisfactory results.  I had planned to present these items along with a new mug and some christmas candy as hostess gifts.

Now I have so much christmas scraps strewn about. I think I'll stitch them up into log cabin blocks and do some mindless sewing. .... just have to decide on the block size.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat--I found that making mug rugs was VERY labor intensive...and....much to my surprise and chagrin-- mine didn't meet any great quality standards either--the rug itself was ok--it was the binding that did me in!! I plan to just use mine at home,,,,:--((( Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!