Saturday, November 28, 2015

RSC15 Sampler - Combo blocks

I am still working on the connecting blocks.   These are not a fast process with family gatherings going on this weekend.  I've found I had to take many of the blocks back to the pressing board and attack them with the steam iron.  I hate to do that, but my iron is useless when set on heat only.  I've tried to be careful with the steam iron and handling.

Here is a quarter sample on the design board.  I may not get it finished before the year is over, but I hope the top will be done.  Funny how you can see the design flow so much better in a photo, than while it is in front of you.  No blocks sewn together yet .............




You can see all my blocks for this project together on my RSC15 Sampler page,  Just click on the tab at the top.

I'm linking up with Angela at Soscrappy where you can see what other creative quilters are doing with their scraps.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Your RSC Sampler is coming together nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that sometimes it's easier to see the big picture in a photo. In real life, I have such s hard time visualizing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress. This is such a busy time of the year, I am glad you are still finding some sewing time

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are doing great. I on the other hand, am very very behind. A YEAR behind actually as I haven't put together last year's blocks, lol
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good!!! I use a steam iron - very carefully and don't usually have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking awesome! This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!