Saturday, May 28, 2016

RSC16 - Green Sampler Row

I followed Angela's direction for using the easy angle and companion angle rulers for my geese.  I've never had much consistent success with making flying geese.  I'm pretty sure I've tried all the methods and specialty rulers.  These rulers worked very well for me this time.  I made 27 geese and only one lost it's point.




Here is an EQ simulation of the quilt sampler in progress:



I seem to be working toward bed size quilts this year.  I'm not sure the busi-ness of these rows together is working for me.  I may have to insert some separator strips. Then again, I could change my mind before the year is out.  

I'm linking up with Angela at Soscrappy.  Visit there to see what everyone else is creating with their green fabrics.  I wonder what the color will be for June?????   

Thanks so much for stopping by.


16 comments:

  1. Great progress on your sampler rows. You are more caught up than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! how do you know where the rows are going? did you just guess, or did I miss something? I think that would be helplufl to know, as well. I think you're right, also, about the separator strips, that might be a good idea. it's getting pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sashing always helps with busy-ness. It's looking pretty good for now. Still in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect a very narrow (1/2" or even 1/4") sashing would make a huge difference. But time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good so far! Love them.
    I haven't sewed my columns together yet because I was thinking my columns might might need rearranging with narrow sashing between them. I've toyed with the idea of turning my columns into rows and add a row or two of blocks to make it longer. Make it a generous twin size quilt top. Maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think each of your columns is beautiful, but especially love the greens of your flying geese! I can see where you might like them sewn together with some narrow sashing, though. It will be fun to see what you play with for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is coming along nicely. Like your EQ mock up

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great and fun to see with the EQ mock up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for getting your rows done so we can all see the quilt in progress. It may take doing all of them before deciding on sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also in favor of separator strips, as a matter of personal preference. Your columns are coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your row quilt is coming along nicely. Great job with the geese. I was finally able to make them correctly once I got my specialty ruler. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful rows. It is fun to play with EQ I am sure you will came with a great layout for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful columns to date. Love the open feel with the white background pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you've got a plan. The rows look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!