Monday, May 2, 2016

Vintage Blooms - April blocks

The April blocks for my Vintage Bloom sampler are ready.  This time I didn't bring out all the other blocks to photo together.  My triangles aren't keeping their points as well as they did in the beginning either.  LOL  It must be my attitude --- these blocks are getting more tedious, but I'm still intent on the hand  embroidery.  Each month calls for 2 new blocks, I am duplicating one extra block each month so I will have a 30-block setting at the end of the year.



Once my May blocks are ready,  I will have reached the half-way point with this quilt top.  Phew.  If you don't want to make it with the traditional triangle piecing method, Gay has also provided a alternate version using the paper piecing method.  You can still get all the patterns for this project free at  http://sentimentalstitches.net/free-stuff/block-of-the-month-quilt-designs/vintage-blooms/.


If you want to see what other creative quilters are working on, be sure to visit the great linky parties here:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking beautiful!! I love sitting and doing hand stitching such as this in the evenings, although I have not done anything for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of points and probably you are working them on the bias which causes this. I think they are lovely though - great setting for the stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big task you have taken on. The blocks you showed look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I understand tedious and losing points! I think your blocks are lovely, and I think the hand stitching adds so much meaning to a quilt top. Hang in, you're at the halfway point! :) Thanks for linking to Main Crush Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!