Sunday, March 26, 2017

Indian Trails - a fine finish!

I am so delighted to be able to share my OMG finish for March.   Here is the original post committing  to the One Monthly Goal with Elm Street Quilts ..............

http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/2017/03/indian-trails-omg-for-march-17.html

It was another huge endeavour where I spent many an afternoon quilting on this one.  I used the walking foot in some places;  then I grew into FMQ.  It might be hard to see in the photo.  I FMQ a design in all 82 black & white squares on the quilt.  I also used FMQ with a very long ruler to quilt on the outermost border and the gold separating trim.  I didnt get a photo of the back, but that has a mix of lovely black and white print fabrics.  It took a few very large pieces to get it covered.

This monster ended up  92 x 112.  The colorful arrow blocks are all scrappy strips and pieces.  It began as an RSC16 project over at SoScrappy.  DH and another very tall man needed to stand on chairs for me to get a full photo at church, and it still dragged on the floor.




This huge finish is a celebration for me so I am happily sharing this week  over at:

Monday  --  Patchwork Times
Saturday  --  Soscrappy

I'm wishing you lots of creative time.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

30 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Kat, that you finished it! It's so pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just such a 'popper' - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job and it is so amazing that you turned a pile of scraps into something so striking! Great job. Excellent use of pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great finish! I love your border fabric with the scrappy blocks. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt! I love the scrappiness of the colors and yet the black and white really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be so proud, Kat!!! This is a gorgeous finish and I am so impressed by the neatness and the workmanship. Congratulations!!!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing how that turned out, because I remember the blocks you were making last year! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Kat! Love this quilt, and you have found the perfect border fabric for it too! Congrats on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, that is beautiful. So glad you finished it in time to make you OMG goal. I love the rainbow fabrics with black and white. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's spectacular! Beautiful border to pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a great finish. And you were done with it in time for the OMG link up! I love the colors in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, Kat! What a great finish! Makes me want to make some rainbow blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is beautiful! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is amazing!!! Lots of happy dancin for you going on here!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Congratulations! Very inspiring. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, this is a terrific quilt. Scraps, strong design, dynamic- totally awesome. Is the pattern available anywhere- I would love to make one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would be proud of that finish too! It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an exciting finish!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the colors are just beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing quilt! I've not seen a hatchet block, but what an amazing quilt it makes. Congratulation on your FMQ; it's a big step to do a quilt that size. I can't believe you put a motif in each block. I love the border too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just discovered your blog and instantly became a follower. Do you have a block pattern or quilt pattern for your Indian Trails? I would love to try and make one for this year's RSC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!