Monday, June 19, 2017

Crosswalk - OMG finished

In my first post about this quilt  HERE,  I talked about making tops with pre-cut strips until they ran out.   I also used this first one, Crosswalk,  as my one monthly goal for June, to be quilted and bound, so it wouldn't sit around  for ages unfinished.

I was recently introduced to the 'circles on quilts' templates by Dena Wilkins.  She shares lots of photos of her fabulous ruler work at Living Water Quilter.  My templates arrived quickly and I set about covering this little quilt in circles,  just for practice and fun.

Here is the Crosswalk quilt, 40 x 52, all finished and ready for a child to cuddle under.  The circles are 1 inch apart, poly batting, and the quilt is still cuddly after all that quilting.

Here is the view from the back .....................


I'm sharing with several linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing too.




Tuesday with Connie at Freemotion By The River

Wednesday with Susan at Quilt Fabrication

and  Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts



Thanks so much for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Nice job. I like the contrast of the circles with the block design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    WOWEE! I love the quilting. I was just going to attempt something similar (although without a ruler). I want to make circles or spirals in alternating blocks, and then diagonal straight lines in the other blocks. I'm going to check out Dena's website and rulers. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt and those circles came out beautifully--they really are nice set against the straight line blocks...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors. The quilting adds texture on the front and the back. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try the circle quilting, thanks for the inspiration. Glad you joined the show at Design Wall Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I love the pattern and the colors.
    2. You are a pro at circle quilting.
    Is it not a giant pain in the neck to stop and start so many times???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Congrats on your finish. What a great place to practice circle quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love the circles. They are a little different and look amazing on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colorful little quilt! The quilting is just perfect for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Another stunner Kat! Thank you for sharing this on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my -- I think I'm just going to sit and look at your quilt for awhile. It's beautiful and I love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of fabric - and wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely circles and really sets off the pattern well. Maybe templates would be easier than my method of drawing the whole thing with a water erasable pen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the quilting. That is awesome. I may have to bookmark that to copy at some point. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those circles are beautiful! I need to check out those templates . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!