Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Scrappy with Stars - RSC13 - UFO finish ..... again

Back in December, 2013,  I posted this finish for the RSC13 project I'll call Scrappy Stars.  You can see the original post  here :

http://scrapboxquilts.blogspot.com/2013/12/scraphappy-saturday-rsc13-finale.html

At that time, I put it through the washer  and it came apart at many seams where it was joined quilt-as-you-go style.  Unusable as it was,  I tossed it in a box (for a few years).

This month I pulled it out of the box to correct the problems and turn it into a real quilt again.  I cut apart all the blocks from the joining strips; trimmed them up equal and re-joined them.  I used a very dark brown (mink)  for the joining strips this time.

Here it is re-assembled, bound  and washed again.  It survived the laundry this time.  It measures 45 x 60.



and here is the back ........................



I'm happy to report a finished UFO this month.  I am sharing with my yahoo group friends and joining linky parties at

and
Sew Fresh Quilts

and Saturday with
Soscrappy

Be sure to visit these sites to see what other creative quilters are sharing today.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I made one just like it years ago for a niece who loved it to death. I'm glad you got to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty, I am happy for you that it is finished and you can use it now. Do you know why it came apart before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to rescue it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEW sorry to hear you had some trouble the 1st time around, but glad that you have since (re) completed the quilt. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful remake - it's gorgeous! Love how the stars are in different positions - thank you so much for sharing this on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice save on this one as it is so pretty...I made a QAYG one for my granddaughter and it came apart at the seams, too--never did figure out why...maybe I should have used wider seams on this type of quilt? Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt. I love the colors, I love the stars! It's too bad it was such a cantankerous quilt, though, but you "whipped it into shape." Beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you didn't give up on it. Congratulations on a beautiful "re-finish". I know that was a lot of work to take apart and re-sew. It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat,
    You are an inspiration! I love, love, LOVE this quilt. Beautiful fabrics - it is a shame it hasn't been enjoyed. BUT you were not ready to tackle its issues until now - so it is perfect timing. Really nice job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pretty quilt, I'm glad you were able to save it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing save! It's too pretty to be lost. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done for returning to your problematic QAYG quilt. You have turned a UFO into a super quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear you were able to save the quilt. I like the wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! Happy you were able to save it. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you were able to save it. It is such a pretty quilt, it would be a shame if it couldn't be fixed. Is the block pattern your own design or did you find it on the web?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!