Sunday, January 14, 2018

Starting a new year with Order ...........

...............  at least with the scraps.   I spent the first 10 days of the year cutting, trimming, tossing, and all round organizing my mountain of scraps.   I wish I had taken photos of the bins before they were made useful,  you would be amazed.

But,  here is the finished product ..........  since these photos were taken,  I also removed the small bits and bytes that would be crumb blocks,  passing them on to a new quilter, who will take the leftovers to experiment with. 


2-1-2   &  2 inch strips,  2-1/2   &  2 inch squares,   2-1/2   &  2 inch HST  and 3 inch QST; the bigger drawers have chunks and any leftover pieces up to FQ size.   I missed getting a photo of the brown and black bins, but they are also done.  My aqua, teal & purple collection is almost non-existent.





















I also spent the last 2 days cutting backgrounds for the hourglass quilt (which is my RSC18 project) and a Scrappy 9-patch Irish Chain quilt.  The color squares were also cut last month from the scrap bins.  I think these color squares will make 2 tops.



I also have 2 bags of strings, one darks and one lights.  So now there's lots of sewing and quilting to do.  I'm linking up with Oh Scrap  and  Design Wall Mondays. 

Be sure to visit there to see what other quilters are sharing today.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. Wow you go girl-it looks wonderful! Want to come do mine!! Looking forward to seeing what all you make from your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's an impressive stash! You have plenty of scraps, ready to make beautiful quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the new twist you put on this, all the different shapes in the same colored bins. It's so nice to have everything ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need more scraps. I can share. You have done a tremendous organizing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hat is off to you - that is an amazing organizational job! And so pretty to look at! Now you can really enjoy some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep telling myself I should do something like this, but always wimp out. I'm enormously impressed with you and all your hard work! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bins look so organized...good for you!!;))) I also need to re-assess my stash...as soon as my post flu energy returns...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great organization that will help speed up that stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at how organized everything looks now. What a great way to start out the year. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy. I spent 5 hours today doing the same thing and it was exhausting. You sure have more stamina than I. Love how you organized them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks wonderful. I'm working on my blue fabrics, and not cutting, just organizing and tossing tiny bits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you are on a roll. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should do that myself, but who am I kiddin'...grin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much work but looks terrific. Did you use a die cutter? I do not save crumbs or strings either.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so satisfying to see it all organized, neat and tidy, isn't it? Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also try to keep up with my scraps --- it is a very time consuming job if I don't do a little each week. It is also a great stress release to run the rotary cutter thru the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!