Sunday, October 11, 2020

Charmed, I'm Sure

 This was a Stashbuster challenge a few years back,  to turn your collection of charm squares into a finished project.  I had a small collection of  3-1/2 inch squares, so I raided the scrap bins and made lots more 3-1/2 inch squares.  I thought I would take the easy route and make it D9P style to cut, then set on point.  Well, dont look for the areas where they didnt meet up properly.

So I got the top finished, backed it with a wide backing fabric and used Hobbs 80/20 fusible to sandwich the quilt  Then hung it over a hanger which stayed in the laundry room for ........ ?  at least a couple years.

When I set about to quilt it, none of the batting was fused properly.  So I had to pin baste everything together.  It is all FMQ with So Fine thread on top and bottom line in the bobbin.  It came out very nice and I really like this scrappy quilt.  It finished at 58 by 68.


and here is the back, a flowery print on white.....


I'm linking up with these great blogs this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.






Wednesday ……….. https://www.quiltfabrication.com/

                                      The Inquiring Quilter


                          https://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com/ 
                                                                                   
                                                             Friday …………. Alycia Quilts


Have a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

20 comments:

  1. That is a fun way to use up squares like that! The backing looks perfect for it, too. Did you like the fusible batting? I tried it once and don't think I will do that again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and scrappy! Lovely quilt finish Kat. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It's so much fun to make a scrappy quilt with what is on hand at home. It's a nice size too, perfect for cuddling under this winter. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat! What a beautiful and happy looking quilt. I just adore all the different colors you've tied together with continuity using sashing and cornerstones. Wonderful! Thanks in advance for linking up tomorrow! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! The light/dark contrast of the sashing and cornerstones make the varied colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is perfect!!!! And it is beautiful colors... and.... it is done!!! that is the most important part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Beautiful Scrappy quilt! Love all
    those pretty colors...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s the best kind of scrappy! Use what you have! It’s wonderful to see it all done! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cheerful scrappy quilt! I've never tried fusible batting. Do you think it was fused properly when you first layered the quilt, but came unfused over time while it was waiting to be quilted? Your backing fabric complements your sunny charm square fabrics beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great way to use up lots of squares, it's a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always feels so good to finish up a project that's been languishing for too long! I love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only see joy and beauty. Fabulous Finish, Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous. I love the variation of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your scrappy quilt. I'm inspired to make my own D9P as I've never made one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kat, congratulations on finishing your charm scrappy quilt. It really is lovely. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful quilt! I love scrappy designs and this one is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very fun and colorful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful scrap quilt. Sorry to year you had trouble with the layering but you can't tell from the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great scrap buster with a lovely result. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!