Sunday, October 25, 2020

Quilts 4 Kids # ? Oct 2020

 I lost track of my number of quilts 4 kids.  My record keeping has been sliding behind this year.  Not for lack of time, maybe ambition or accountability.

I was anxious to try out a new set of quilting rulers, so I went to work on this kit that was cut way back in winter of 2018.  I do not find it pretty, especially for a child, so I will toss it in the back of the car for emergency.

I chose 2 browns  and a green /brown print because it seemed to be all I had to blend with the fleece backing, which is a green army camouflage. It measures 42 x 48.



and here is the back



I will be joining these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.







Wednesday ……….. https://www.quiltfabrication.com/

                                      The Inquiring Quilter


                          https://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com/ 
                                                                                   
                                                             Friday …………. Alycia Quilts


Have a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes color combos that seem like a good idea at first don't quite work out the way we'd like. But it is still warm and useful! Nice finish, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wavy quilting turned out really well, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so little brown in my collection so I guess it isn't in my favorites. I really like your wavy line quilting. I'm betting a car quilt will come in handy this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! It would be interesting to see the design in brighter colors. Meanwhile, you got good practice with the new ruler and you have a car quilt to boot. (British pun unintended!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! I see the picture of Paul McCartney on your website and am now totally distracted. I will HAVE to click on that picture to read more. Why am I here?!! Oh yeah - nice job on your finish. I tend to make very bright quilts for kids - read that to mean including too much pink or orange. Some kids don't like bright colors. Granted, none of my littles but they are too small to express their opinions yet. So, if you decide you just don't need a car quilt, I think someone will love this and feel all the good wishes you've sewn into it. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne (Now to Paul . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a quick make quilt, do you have the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to multi-task---testing out rulers and getting a UFO to completion! I'm not much for browns personally, so I have to go out and get what I need if I'm making bears, or tree trunks, or something. That said, there are those who would appreciate a camo-color scheme. It's just not up my rainbow-hued alley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is pretty cool!!! That one will be snatched up right away. I am with yo on the stats... I just suck at them.... maybe thats why I went into a creative field rather than accounting ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, isn't it funny how something can interest us at one point and not so much a couple of years later? It's still a finish and you got to work with your ruler. You may be happy to have it in the car this winter. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I kinda like that, but I have those finished quilts too that I think no one will like. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it and I think it's perfect for a boy. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!