Sunday, August 8, 2021

Hope Quilt

 This is a design by Gudrun Erla of GEQuiltDesigns.com.  She offered this pattern for a minimal fee for a quilt along last year.  The monies raised were given to local chairities in her area during the pandemic. 

It had been sandwiched for awhile  and recently I quilted it on my Janome sit-down.  I used a special westalee template and quilted the honeycomb design in the blocks  and straight line grid in the sashing and outer border.  I used gray Glide thread on top and gray bottom line in the bobbin.  It turned out nice and soft flowing.



Here is the full quilt.  It finished at 62 x 82.  I used a layer cake for the blocks.



I am linking up with all these wonderful parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Have a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. I always love looking at gray and yellow quilts. The gray sashings on the diagonal really sets off the blocks. What is the name of this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. Love your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, comforting palette. It turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the quilt top and the quilting. I'm impressed with your honey comb quilting. Excellent all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty quilt, Kat. LOVE the gray and yellow color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really looks wonderful! Love the colors. I have some grays I never got around to sewing. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty! Love the combo of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow and grey are so great together! Love your quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice color combination - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always amazed at how good yellow and grey go together! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a winner! gray and yellow are so calming together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone else said...lovely color combo! Really neat quilting too! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s a lovely quilt! I too, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As everyone has said, the colors are great together, yellow and grey are so cheerful and peaceful together. Good job! Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!