Sunday, June 5, 2022

Pink Daisies Step by Step

 I've started  AND  finished a baby quilt this past week.  It took too long to quilt because I free motion quilted block by block style.  This design just didn't seem to call for an all over quilting pattern.  I quilt freehand on a Janome sit down.

The pattern is called Step by Step created by  theirishquilter.com  I adjusted sizes of elements to finish at my desired size of 46 x 58.  It has a nice cotton batting, fleece print backing and quilted with  pink aurifil thread.  I was trying to use it up as aurifil doesnt seem to be my favorite brand of thread.  Sorry, I know it is  VERY  popular amoung most quilters.

This photo was taken before the laundry, so all the ripples have turned into a lovely, soft flowing quilt.


I'm glad for a finish this week and happy to join all these lovely linky parties.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing this week.


                             Sunday   -  Quilting is more fun than housework       

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. That's a happy quilt! Looks like a fast and fun design! I like Aurifil for hand stitching, but my machine does well with Gutermann. I think it's good that there are so many choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite brand for piecing is Mettler 100%cotton. I buy my favorite color in a cone size and it lasts for a long time! You did a great job quilting your quilt. It's so bright and fun. Someone is going to love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an easy quilt to whip up. I tried searching for the pattern and didn't come up with anything. Is it a freebie or buy pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt...don't you love when you wash a new quilt and puffs up
    really nice. I don't quilt mine, I tie them and they still puff
    up nicely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so sweet! Love that pink floral!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little quilt! So perfect for a new baby. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!