Sunday, September 3, 2023

Christmas on Smith Mountain - Par 3

 I've made great progress on my project this week.  I wanted to work on other things, but all the parts were out on the work table, so I worked on it.  I have all the blocks for the center done!  That is 63 blocks, all trimmed and waiting for the border blocks.  Here is just some of the log blocks.


Here is a mix of some star blocks with the log blocks.......


I was going to start sewing them into rows, but I got distracted playing with borders in EQ.  I had to draw a special block just to create the finish I wanted...........  so 32 more blocks to go!  BUT first, I had to order more fabric to make that border, so I get to set the project aside until the end of the week.

In the meantime, I'm transitioning over to machine quilting.  I have lots of quilt sandwiches to work on also.  Happily, it never ends around here.

I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


I wish you a safe and happy week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. I love the log cabins--really pretty...nice work on the Star blocks too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing in the Christmas colors. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Can't wait to see what you do for borders! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star blocks mixed in - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the logs and stars, Kat! Looking forward to the finish! Isn't it nice to always have something to work on?!! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!