Saturday, April 20, 2024

3 yd Lima

 So I got carried away with this block.   The monthly 3yd quilt pattern for this month is "Lima".  You will find it over at  2024 3YD Quilt Series Sew Along - Material Girlfriends.

The RSC color for April is yellow.  So, multi-task it , I made (24 )- 12 inch blocks cut from the yellow scrap bin. I will add a couple borders to bring it to a twin size for the foster child mission at church.  There should be enough yellow here to bring some sunshine to a child.



After spending an entire day cutting from scraps, I was intrigued to see how quickly it would be cut using strip piecing methods and just 3 fabrics and so this pink one is the result of that experiment.  This one is (20) 9-inch blocks. The dark burgandy print looks brown in the photo.




I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Everyone have a happy and productive week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.





11 comments:

  1. I love both! The crappy version is bright and beautiful, for sure a little kid will love it too. The pink version is fabulous, and it looks like you had fun strip piecing it! This medium pink you used is very pretty.
    Thank you for sharing these lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful! I can see how they can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both so great - I like them in the tone on tone colorways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty quilts...I especially like the pink one...;)) nice works hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both great a scrappy and yardage quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to the 3 yd quilt patterns. But, I'm curious just how much faster was the cutting of the 3 color quilt? Both are very nice. I may try to do one in greens as I was surprised how much green I have in its scrap basket. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link. It’s interesting to see the difference between the scrappy and strip cut versions—each delightful in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both color versions are so pretty! I love these 3-yard quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely! Good to know you can go faster if you want. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/24/wednesday-wait-loss-377

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them both -- the "blockiness" of the blocks makes a strong statement. Great scrapbuster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your experiment turned out, Kat!! Great job! Both are pretty but pink and burgundy are great together! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!