Saturday, April 6, 2024

Dino Dinosaur

 I stuck with this project until it was finished...a purpose and a deadline always works wonders.  This quilt was pieced with assorted panel parts and more from stash.  It was intended to be a child's throw/play quilt, but I thought it made sense to use up the panels,  and so it turned into a twin bed size - 68 x 85 .   Now I just need to piece together some leftovers to make pillowcases.



The backing is an aqua wideback fabric and  80/20 batting. I quilted it on my sit-down with Glide aqua thread in top and bobbin.  Oh I did use matching color Glide threads in many parts of the panels. It has a variety of quilting designs; diamond crosshatch in the long panels, straight lines in some divider sections, Stars in some dividers and larger stars in the final border.  The dinosaur blocks were stitched around the elements with stippling in the backgrounds.



I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


** I am having trouble getting the comment links to work for me on this blog and on some blogs I visit.  Havent figured out how to fit that issue yet,  so please feel free to email your comments to me at     

  katscribner3atgmail.com.

Wishing you all a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. I found when I told my MacBook to quit letting places follow me that I then couldn't comment on blogs and blog comments were not allowed on my blog. So I changed that setting and voila! I can comment, usually. Nice quilt and very good use of the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I am totally surprised that you and I can comment. I reverted this post to draft to add my note about not being able to comment; re-published it and now we both can comment. Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went back to Soscrappy and AlyciaQuilts and still cant get the comment link to be active for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute quilt! Deadlines always help me out! LOL I have trouble commenting on some blog posts, usually Blogger or BlogLovin. I found I had to go to a different browser for those posts - Chrome instead of Firefox. Chrome let's me sign into my Google account and sometimes Firefox won't! Crazy. At any rate, thanks for sharing with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use for all those panels! I love even just setting deadlines for myself (the link-ups keep me motivated too). I get competitive with myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of the panels! Such a cute quilt. You did a wonderful job on the quilting. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/07/wednesday-wait-loss-375

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute, Kat! I love how you put together the pabpnel parts with other strips and squares. Someone's going to live that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat, that's so cute. I hope that you'll consider linking up to Free Motion Mavericks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute quilt, these panels are fun! I will be hosting TGIFF this week, feel free to share your finished projet (and you are welcome to link on Saturdays on my regular link party too ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!