Saturday, June 1, 2024

Plum Pudding - Part 1

 This was the week I should have been machine quilting,  SO,  I started a new quilt that was on my bucket list!  Obviously, I need supervision.

This project is the 2023 Summer Mystery created by Deb of Grid Girls on facebook.  I actually have at least 3 different border style prints to design around with this pattern.  It is no longer free but you can still find it  at  Row-Deo as PDF download (debscatsnquilts.com)

I cannot tell you how many afternoons it took me to make these 56 units of pineapple-style blocks!  Seems like I was always trimming or re-cutting.  I will definitely choose a different block for my next version of this pattern.  I used the mini square up slotted ruler by GE Quilt Designs and they trimmed up perfectly.  The ruler doesn't move or allow the block to move while you're trimming.

These are inside shots of my rows made so far.  I think the hardest part is behind me. (as I laugh at myself).  The colors are a bit brighter than it looks in the photos.  I subscribe to GEQuilt Designs monthly Goody's Color Club of blender collections. As it turns out, there were 2 collections that went perfectly with this border panel. the dusty pinks and the plums.  It's actually 56-1/2" wide


 I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish you a great creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.




7 comments:

  1. Your new project looks great, you are good at coordinating fabrics. I love that border fabric. Machine quilting will have to wait a bit more ;) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you should start a new project instead of working on machine quilting! (I made myself get a quilt basted for quilting this afternoon - hard to stick with that sometimes.) I like the colors you've coordinated with that pretty border print. We know you'll get back to the quilting, though, because you're such a consistent finisher, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is impossible to resist chocolate and caramel combination :-D Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was having a hard time figuring out how a pineapple ruler would help with trimming the chocolate and caramel row. Finally, I noticed 1/4th of the block and the lightbulb brightened. There's nothing like starting a new quilt, especially one on your bucket list. Quilting will definitely wait -- maybe not patiently but it can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course you needed to start this! I find it hard too to get to the quilting part since it's not my favorite part of making a quilt. Love what I see so far! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/04/wednesday-wait-loss-383

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't need supervision, you can play by yourself just fine!! Me too! I start to tidy up and bingo 2 more projects in the works! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - supervision!!!
    Love these blocks - they are really cool looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!