Sunday, July 14, 2024

Meet Me in Paris - Pt 1

 Meet me in Paris is a new 'quick project' being shared at the Jelly Roll Club Meeting Room, which is a private group on facebook.  B U T .....  if you join the group, you also can play along.  The project is starting next Sunday  BUT  I had to play around in EQ to make my plan.  THen I had to choose fabrics. I settled for 2 groups of fat quarters, one for the center squares and one for the sashing.

I couldn't resist getting it cut out.  Then I couldn't resist sewing pieces and parts together.!  I made 48 blocks and 20 sashing stripsets which need to be subcut into units.  Why is it so difficult to resist sewing the parts together when they're all stacked nicely from cutting?  

Here is my sampling.  I am positively waiting until next Sunday to assemble all my blocks!


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you a great week.  THanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric selection. Haha, I'm like you, it's easier to cut all the pieces in advance, but also so tempting to sew everything right away ;)) Your new project is going to be fun and pretty! Thank you for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like pretty colors in your jelly roll strips and fun centers for the square blocks! I'll enjoy seeing where this is headed, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be fun seeing your quilt grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric selection, Kat! I look forward to seeing you put it all together! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you couldn't resist! What fun. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-389

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!