Sunday, October 27, 2024

Peace on Earth

 I have been working on christmas items these past few weeks.  I fell in love with an item in the Connecting Threads catalog.  It burned in my mind until I had to make one.  What was I thinking...lots of piecing and lots of applique.  I also work under the theory that if you're gonna make one,  it's just as quick to make two at the same time.  I have the top to the first one ready to sandwich and quilt and the second top is waiting for the trees.  It is fusible applique. I think I will quilt with silver thread which will sparkle in the black background.  I will stitch it down & quilt at the same time.  My letters are a tad too big but I love it anyway.  Of course, one is for me and I will gift one.


I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.


Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué           

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


I wish everyone a happy and productive week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful piece--I can see why you "had to" make it;))) Funny how some things just grab ahold of you and you're helpless to resist, isn't it??? Hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!