Saturday, September 19, 2026

RSC Purples - a quilt finish

 I made this little top during last years' purple month May, 2025.  Here is the original post                     Scrapbox Quilts: Purple Tops Q4K.  

Today I took a complete detour from my ongoing projects to quilt this up for a finish.  It measures 38 x 40.  I free motion quilted it with straight lines diagonally crosshatched thru the blocks with Glide Lavender thread,  top and bobbin.  The back is a tula pink print.  I had to add another piece to make it wide enough.  Nice Pellon 80/20 batting.  This one is lightly quilted for cuddly babies.

The colors are much more vibrant than they appear here.  The photo was taken outside but the sun was shining.



I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Wishing you a happy and creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. What a pretty baby quilt! How nice to have it completely finished. I noticed you rounded the corners before binding. Do you always do that or just on this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finish! Baby quilts are much appreciated by those new moms, and of course the babies snuggled into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish on this Lavender piece, Kat. Funny how we need these "detours" isn't it? Mine was with placemats this week;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice finish, Kat! Out of the closet and off to live where it can be snuggled and loved! What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a neat design with the way you laid out the rectangles, Kat! Pretty purples, too. I've been away from my sewing machine this week - ready to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely purple baby quilt, you must be so pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!