Saturday, January 28, 2012

Loose Ends of January

I suppose I should check in.  (grin) . I am keeping so busy, with nothing photo-worthy to share yet.

I have been working on my sofa row quilt.  I sewed the first four panels into sets of two larger panels. I had to piece backings for them, unexpectedly.  Those panels are machine quilted and waiting for final assembly. This is turning out to be one of my larger lap quilts.

I've also gotten the center applique panel ready and waiting for the final step. I made strip sets and turned them into curved borders on the center panel.  I just need to decide the applique now.  The next step is already simmering.  So, itt has reached a stopping point where I can set it aside while another short-term project butts in.

Short-term project:  I am doing mystery block  #64 from www.paperpanache.com.  Linda Worland puts out artistically detailed paper piecing blocks every month or so.   Since this is a mystery, I will refrain from posting a photo of my block until the solution is revealed.  I will adapt the size of the mystery block to accommodate my tabletop wire hanger.

and ....................      I have spent evenings knitting hats for local charity groups.

I know, there is nothing here to light any fire under your seat.  I just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Finally,  I am grateful and humbled for God's grace today.  Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. why do I always forget about Paper Panache? I would save many of them for later if I only remembered!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!