Monday, January 16, 2012

Quilt Barns Window Curtain

I thought I'd share a photo of my window curtain for the laundry room. It is made from a panel of quilt barns designed by Deb Strain. I picked up 3 panels last year while in Shipshewana for my birthday.

Originally, I needed 2 panels to make the valances for my quilting studio. I have the valances ready to hang but the rods are not installed yet. I picked up an extra panel of quilt barns, just in case. I'm glad I used it right away.  The laundry room sets just off my studio area, so the theme carries through.



I fussy-cut around the barn blocks so there would be a specific trim of black and gold. Then I added the barn-red border, the checker border and finally the black sashing. An extra piece was needed on the sides to extend the curtain width. I added a backing and a rod casing.  These blocks are so cheery and colorful.  I really enjoy them.
 
 This project is my first step in "finishing school".

3 comments:

  1. Very nice - I have a couple of those panels - now that is clever to use them as window treatment, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be in my laundry room all the time if I had pretty curtains like that!! I bet they look great in your studio too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a laundry room window!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!