Saturday, March 2, 2013

Orange Scrappy Saturday

I admit I did not have alot of orange scraps.  I used most of them in my cards of pumpkins last fall.  I have alot of rust scraps, but not really bright orange.  So, I scrounged up a few from my scrap bin, I pieced a few together to make a square, and then I raided my charm square box.  I nearly had to rummage for yardage.

Thankfully, I squeezed in another scrappy floating star block for my collection.


I have other plans for those really small pieces.  I hope to have them stitched up for next Saturday.
In the meantime, visit  Soscrappy's  link up page to see all the other orange items being created.

17 comments:

  1. I see I am not the only one who is lacking on the orange stash. You made excellent use of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your floating star. What a great idea for a block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb's right....great star and I love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good : ) I like it! Looking forward to seeing what you do make next week.
    My orange collection is okay. Lots of small pieces and crumbs to play with ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. I meant to say that I was looking forward to seeing what you make next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Floating star...great idea. You have made such good use of the scraps you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Floating Star!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice floating star.
    I hardly had any purple scraps but seem to have lots of orange scraps and I don't like orange but do like purple. Wonder what the colors in our stash really say about us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is orange such a difficult color to find in our stashes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great block! Simple, but it creates a great visual. I'm looking forward to seeing all your blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Orange block. good you had enough

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've added the star to your block. It really catches the eye. Pretty, happy block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun block...love the floating star!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection of orange. The star really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great; the white star is really striking on the orange background

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I love this block! I love your other color ways also! Is there a pattern for this somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!