Monday, June 15, 2015

Veterans Quilt

Happy Monday!   This veterans twin size quilt has just come off my design wall. The binding wasn't finished at the time of the photo, but it is finished as of last evening.  Today it goes into the washer for final primping.

I designed it in EQ first.  The veterans home asking for bed quilts wanted  a specific plan with the cross in the center.  They will screen print prayers and messages on the cross.  The block designs and backing choices were up to each quilt maker. I'm hoping for a better photo later.





and here is the back, pieced with patriotic prints.  It's a big 70 x 90.  Simple quilting on this one as I work on a DSM and I struggle with big quilts.  But each quilt I do, I find myself making them bigger and bigger.  Some day I hope to grow up to a queen size.  


Today I'm linking up with  Patchwork Times. Take a visit over there to see what other quilters have on their design wall.  You can vote for your favorite 

And Tuesday, I'll be visiting .....    Freemotion By The River
                            

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting!