Monday, June 1, 2015

Veterans Strippy

On my design wall this morning is part of a quilt in progress. I sewed all the parts this weekend, but can't fit it all on my design wall.  Now on to the assembly.  This quilt will finish at 70 x 90.

 It is a special mission by the United Methodist Women's Association for a local veterans home.  They want to supply  twin size quilts for a 42 bed facility.  When the veteran leaves the home, he will take his quilt with him, so 42 quilts is just the beginning.

 They ask that they all have a 7 x 9 grid with 10 inch blocks., with 7 squares in the center to be white in the shape of a cross. They will screen print special messages and prayer on the white blocks.  The remaining 56 blocks can be in any design.  I made up a few designs in EQ.  Our womens church group is also doing one and my quilt club is doing one.



Here is the EQ version:



I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.  Hop on over there to see all the wonderful projects being created by other quilters.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an ambitious project! Do they anticipate making all-the-same quilts over and over? I'd think that would get tedious. One of the nice things about QOV is the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea! I love the cross in the middle. Your design is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the diagonal lines the design creates. That's a big job -- providing 42 quilts and then keep supplying them. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!