Sunday, February 4, 2024

Color My World Q4K

 Just finished this colorful quilt for kids.  I had leftovers from a fat quarter collection and chose this quilt design to use it up. I got the idea from an online photo and made my own plan to fit the size I wanted.   It finished 40 x 48.  I made a scrappy binding from leftover strips. I quilted it on a Janome sit down.  The fleece backing made it difficult to free motion quilt smoothly.  


It has 80/20 batting and is quilted with a cream shade of Glide 40 wt thread in top and bobbin.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing with us.

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Wishing you a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


11 comments:

  1. That turned out great, Kat! Sorry that your backing fabric made the quilting a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty quilt! Neat design and I love all the color. I think your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have tamed that fleece because you did an excellent job on the quilting. I also like the scrappy binding. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find fleece difficult also. It seems to have a mind of its' own and stretches. The quilt is very nice. I really like the inner border and the flying geese make it all so appealing. Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very bright and fun! Congrats on a cool finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - that is a unique and awesome way to use Flying Geese. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love it!! I love flying geese and these are just so great!! Go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I like the pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you made great use of all of the last of the fat quarter collection. The scrappy binding finishes it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of your left over fat quarter collection, Kat! Love the quilt. Thanks for joining with Monday Musings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!