Saturday, February 10, 2024

Scrappy Love

 Since I did such a thorough job with my bin of green scraps last month, I was hoping to carry the habit through this year.  I admit it is a time consuming process.  I have to choose their purpose by trimming to sizes , sort into strips or precuts of squares and triangles and decide what to make with them.  

This little project came about because Angela called the RSC color for February 'Red' and I needed a special little baby quilt.  This quilt will only be 28 inch square but perfect for infant and/or tossing over a car seat or playmat.

It was inspired by a quilt posted HERE.  I changed up the piecing just a bit to eliminate a few seams. The background fabric is really a very pale pink. The photo was taken inside.  Maybe I'll get to quilting it up this week.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to enjoy what  other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Have yourself a happy week of good health and stitching.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. That little baby quilt is darling! Such a perfect size for the car seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the perfect design for a baby quilt! I love those colors, too. Looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty little quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable, and sure to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet quilt, Kat, and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! baby quilt. Perfect scrappy project for February.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice quilt, small and convenient... and what's ever better than scrappy? I invite you to join my Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps on blogspot. Entry 11 of theis week's Tuesday to do party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute top! Great way to use up some red and pink scraps. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/14/wednesday-wait-loss-367

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet baby quilt, Kat! I love it! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!