Sunday, February 18, 2024

Two Finishes

 I shared these flimsys in recent weeks.  They are now machine quilted and bound.  I needed the basting pins for new sandwiching later this week which helps keep the cycle of starts and finishes moving along.

The Pooh Bear16-Patch was made as challenge to work from the green scrappy bin for RSC in January. I quilted it in a diagonal grid with Glide 40 wt. thread.  It measures 43 x 56.

It has an 80/20 batting and a nice gray fleece backing.


I couldn't resist quilting up this little Scrappy Love quilt since it is needed for a gift next month. It came about because the RSC color for February is red.  Didn't make much of a dent in that scrap bin, so hope to work from it some more this week.

I had a grand time quilting it with a pink Glide thread. I treated each shape, area or block independently; which is my typical way of quilting.  The feathers in the hearts dont show up well in the dark fabric. It measures 28 inches square which can be useful for a playmat or over the carseat.


It also has 80/20 batting and a nice soft knit type  print of pinks with a bit of silver fabric on the back. The quilting might show up better on the back.  An 80/20 batting makes a nice foundation for quilting.


I'm joining these linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.


Saturday  -  soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

Tuesday  -   Blog Posts – Quilt Schmilt

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Have a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Both quilts look so nice. I am also doing the safety pin shuffle this year and it's working! Was the knit difficult to work with? I'm thinking it might stretch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes and just adore the Pooh quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finishes. I have a long arm but I don't spend enough time on it so the piles of tops grow. I've got 2 baby quilts to do for my guild but I need to figure out more backing for one. I might actually quilt one with my domestic and get it done. The other I can do on the LA. Your little baby quilt just sings to me... I love the design and the colors. The quilting and binding finish it off so well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those!!! I love that 16 patch one - just because I really am drawn to blocks like that!!! but the heart is so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting on your Scrappy Love! So pretty and perfect for baby. The Pooh quilt is so perfect with that border. Going to make a great charity quilt for someone. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/21/wednesday-wait-loss-368

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are both great finishes, Kat! I love it when you can really see the quilting design on the back. Does your Pooh Bear quilt that's backed with fleece also have batting inside?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing up TWO projects this week, Kat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes, Kat!! I love them both and really love the quilting on the Scrappy Love quilt! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!