Sunday, September 15, 2024

Star of Wonder - FQS 2024 July Christmas Mystery

 In July I was sewing up the 2024 Christmas Mystery offered by Fat Quarter Shop.  It was a lovely design, but I was not thrilled with effect of  the finishing step.  So my piece hung on the design wall until ideas percolated.  I imported a photo of my quilt center into EQ, then played around with options, which is a rabbit hole always worth falling into.  Initially, I picked a very intricately pieced narrow 4 inch border.  So much work and so me.  I let that simmer until I came up with a more reasonable solution.  I quickly stitched up that plan before I could change my mind.  I am delighted with the outcome.  I haven't quilted it yet but that should be fun.  It measures 48 inches, point to point.  It needs to be a topper, as cutting into it for a tree skirt would ruin the design.




You will find this free pattern at Fat Quarter Shop  
                         Search results for: 'star of wonder' | Fat Quarter Shop

I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué           

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you all a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful finish! Sometimes you do have to just let things percolate a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your upgraded version! It's going to be a beautiful topper, ready for Christmas! Thank you for sharing this beautiful finish top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely top! This will make such a pretty table topper although I personally think it could work as a tree skirt too if you wanted. Percolating sure worked for this piece! Love the finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/09/18/wednesday-wait-loss-398

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Christmas topper that will be! I can just see it with a dish of peppermint candies in the center. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!