Monday, September 9, 2024

Sulky Village

 Sulky Village is  FINALLY  a flimsy.  It was entirely paper pieced waaaayyy  back in  2004.  I tracked down the free pattern which you can still get  at  SULKY Village (BOM 2004) (sulky-shop.de) .  I paper pieced letters for the name to include on the project.  Now that I have the top together, I wish I had made those letters  LOTS  smaller, but it is done now and ready to free motion quilt.  I want to get it finished and move on.  It measures 30 x 48.  I'll hang it on the porch this winter.



I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

QuiltFabrication | Patterns and Tutorials

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you all a happy and productive week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that cute?! Lots of paper-piecing in that one - it made a really fun design. Have fun finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wonky village, ready for the Winter! It's a beautiful finish! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It will be so welcoming on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s charming! What a wonderful idea to display it on your porch this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy little village. It'll be so welcoming hanging in the winter from your porch. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/09/11/wednesday-wait-loss-397

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute finish! It has to feel good to get an oldie, but goodie almost to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed you returned to Sulky Village after piecing it 20 years ago. The quilt is so much fun. Perfect for the winter holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wonky houses in Sulky Village, Kat! I'm really glad you pulled it back out after 20 years! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!