Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sulky Village - finished

 I finished off Sulky Village this week. I wrote about it earlier  HERE  .  I just couldn't settle on the proportions of 30 x 48 with the letters attached at the bottom.  So, I removed that bit and used it for the handing sleeve on the back. The top was made waaayyy back in 2004 when I didn't have a stash variety of prints or colors.  It is entirely paper pieced back in the day when I was just beginning my quilting journey.  The hanging rod is only 24inches, so it's a bit gathered at the top when hung this way.

I free motion quilt on a Janome Versa 18 sit down.  I opted to stitch an allover design looking like water waves for a quick finish.  I used Superior bottom line thread in the top so it wouldn't show up too much.  It finished about 30 x 40 now.   I am SO SO ready to get into my box of christmas fabrics !!


Here is a pile of close up pics.  There is lots of detail in those little pieces of fabric.











I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué           

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you all a great week.  Thank so much for stopping by.

















4 comments:

  1. I love this new version! Love the details too, and one of the background fabric has cute tiny little red birds ;) It looks like your are ready for Christmas! Thank you for sharing this lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--this is really lovely, Kat; nice work on all that paper piecing!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, there are a lot of details in that quilt. You must have worked really hard especially as it was paper piecing. Congrats on a UFO finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!