Thursday, January 10, 2013

Purple Heartstrings Quilt

Heartstrings had a challenge over the New Years' holiday weekend. It was to make string blocks with purple centers.  I had a piece of purple and used up every bit for these 24 string blocks and binding.


The blocks are now sewn together into a top, just waiting to be quilted.  It will be a comfort quilt for the childrens' ward at the local hospital.  If you are looking for some great inspiration for comfort quilts, just click on the Heartstrings button on my sidebar and don't worry about running out of strings....ask me how I know.

3 comments:

  1. String quilts are always so fun - and never turn out the same! Will make a great donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. String blocks are so satisfying. I like using pieces that some would trash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. I really like the diamond setting. I love to make string blocks. They are addictive. My only problem is I never put them together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!