Saturday, August 3, 2024

Dresden Toppers

 I did not piece these toppers except for making 3 of the center circles.  A dear friend made the toppers but did not get the chance to finish them.  She made them for some specific family members.  I did the machine quilting so they would be finished and giftable.

I free motion quilted them using assorted shades of Glide threads and Bottom Line thread in the bobbin except for the one with the green back which used a matching thread.  I quilted them with an assortment of ruler/templates and tried to make them each unique.  They each measure 32 inches point to point.

There are 4 of them.  I am sharing a pic of front and back so you can see the quilting better.













I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Please be sure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing you all a great week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. You did a great job quilting these pretty toppers! I love how different they look like, fun and lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely, Kat! Are the toppers like place mats or more like something you'd set under a centerpiece or on a coffee table?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you and your friend did. I wonder if I should try one? I have a ruler that I suspect I could use to cut the blades. (note to self...finish UFOs, or at least a few before wandering into new projects!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet thing to do for your friend's family! These turned out beautifully, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely of you to finish these for your friend! They look beautiful and I'm sure the recipients will treasure them. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/07/wednesday-wait-loss-392

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, those are really great. I'm sure that they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing the backs where that quilty loveliness can be seen! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a generous gift you gave to your friend's family. She gave you a great head start, but you gallantly and ably carried the project through to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!