Saturday, August 17, 2024

London Calling cont.....

 I'm caught up with piecing the London Calling blocks 12, 13 & 14.  This is a block of month project created by Gudrun of gequiltdesigns.com.  She writes the pattern and demonstrates cutting and sewing each in the accompanying video.  You will find the project available for purchase  HERE .

Block 12 represents Trafalgar Square.....


Block 13 is Liberty Flowers .....




Block 14 represents Parks and Gardens....



Only a few months until Our mystery will be revealed and assembled.  I already have a great british print fabric for the backing.  I love the brits so had to take part in this project.

During July I also joined in a Christmas in July cross stitch along presented by Fat Quarter Shop.  I've done so little cross stitch in my lifetime and its been years but ...........  I was encouraged to start up again to occupy my hands in the evening.  This is a free project you will find   HERE .




This lovely stitchery measures only 6 inches.  I am planning to add some rounds of christmas fabric and make it into a small quilt to hang on the 12 inch table top hanger.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing everyone a safe and creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


9 comments:

  1. Trafalgar Square block looks quite complicated! Fun blocks, it's going to be a beautiful quilt. Love your tiny embroidery too, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job keeping up with the quilt along, I'm sure it will be lovely when it all comes together. Thanks for the link to the cross stitch pattern. Good idea to make the finished piece into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been fun seeing the blocks you're making for the London Calling QAL, Kat! I really love the flower blockyhis week. And your cross-stitch design is lovely, too! I've enjoyed getting back into cross-stitch after many years away, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH I like your little cross stitch. I've been thinking about doing that one. But have only saved the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cross stitch is so lovely, no wonder it called you to take up the craft again. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/21/wednesday-wait-loss-394

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blocks are lovely, as well as the cross stitch. For a while I did cross stitch sitting in car line and got a lot done that way. Now I just peruse social media. I think cross stitching again would be a much better use of my time! LOL I do write quilt patterns at times though so that's a good thing! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat, I love your British quilt - and that fabric is going to look awesome! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!