Saturday, August 24, 2024

National Dog Day 2024

 My heart has celebrated dogs since I was 5 years old.  I won't mention what year that was but my first love was Lassie.

Susan of Quilt Fabrication is celebrating National Dog Day 2024 on Monday, August 26 with a linky party.  You'll want to visit there to see who else is celebrating their dogs this year.

quiltfabrication.com

It took many years before I was able to share my life with my own dogs.  I've had dogs since 1986.  I fell in love with the Shetland Sheepdog (sheltie) breed.  Four shelties have shared their life with me..... Kilty, Kirby, Kody and now Kelsey.  We also have Rosie, who is our dachshund-pom mix rescued from a local shelter.  This pic of Kelsey and Rosie is 5 years old and now I lose track of their ages, so I have to ask the vet their age every year.


A few years back I came across a fabulous and fun dog panel.  I created designs around all the blocks and made this quilt,  just for me.  It is one of my favs. I also did all the machine quilting.  I stippled behind all the dogs so they poofed out.  It seems I started this quilt in 2021 and finished in 2022.  It measures 64 x 72.  My first posts about this project can be found  HERE

I had an awful time trying to find photos of this quilt on my computer.  Here are a bunch of new photos taken at church recently.













I LOVE all dogs and I love my doggie quilt!  

I'm joining these lovely linky parties this week.  Besure to visit them to see what other creative quilters are sharing.

Saturday -  Quilting Patchwork Appliqué

                        soscrappy (superscrappy.blogspot.com)

Sunday  -  Quilting is more fun than Housework...

Monday   -   Small Quilts & Doll Quilts

                      Monday Musings at Songbird Designs

QuiltFabrication | Patterns and Tutorials

        Wednesday   -   Quilt Fabrication

The Inquiring Quilter

Thursday   -   quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com

My Quilt Infatuation

Friday  -  Alycia Quilts


Wishing everyone a safe and creative week.  Thanks so much for stopping by.



15 comments:

  1. We are a family of dog lovers and owners, too. DH and I have had 5 different dogs to love over the 59 years of our marriage and now we have granddogs that come to visit...
    Lovely doggie quilt you've made...you just have to love being greeted by your doggie when you come back home...always so happy to see you;)))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at all those happy dogs!! they are so fun to have in our lives ;) love your dog quilt - that was a great way to use that panel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to showcase all those doggy portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely doggy quilt! Fun panels, and you did a wonderful layout for them! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful dog quilt. You did a great job with that panel with the setting. Love the border especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt! What a way to use up the panel. Your setting and colors make it wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dog quilt. I've made several though the years. But this one with the cute dogs is wonderful. I'm happy to see the springer spaniel -- we had one for years and I currently volunteer with a Springer Spaniel Rescue in the Mid-Atlantic area. Shelties a beautiful dogs --both of yours look like happy, well cared for dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic dog quilt! I love the creative way you've set the panels, giving each dog a great setting. Kelsey and Rosie look like great companions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember you sharing this quilt when you made it, I think? Love, love, love how you used the panel and set each little dog like the superstar that he or she is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're dog people, too! This quilt is just too much doggie fun!!! Love it, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun quilt! The setting is very unique and very cool. No dogs here, I'm highly allergic to animal dander unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this one! What a cute quilt. You sure showcased that panel well. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/27/wednesday-wait-loss-395

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dog quilt is totally adorable. And so are your real, live doggies. 🐕🐶

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pleasing and creative use of a dog panel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very special dog quilt. Love it. I have made a couple of dog quilts for family gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!