Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pillowcase Dresses - Done!

Phew. It seems I've been AWOL.  Not really.  I have been slaving away on making dresses for Haiti. I ran out of pillowcases and made a bunch from yardage. Lots of sewing and lots of making bias tape!  I must be pretty good at it now. It takes about 80 inches of bias tape per dress.

I set a personal goal of making 50 dresses. My last batch was 23 pillowcase dresses. This batch has 28 dresses. This photo holds a few of the fabric combinations I worked with.

50 Dresses for Haiti

I am ready to break away to another project.  I am especially excited for an upcoming trip to Shipshewana! My main focus will be the Coming Home quilt barn panels.

http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?sid=73789211644297378&Store_id=499&page_id=23&Item_ID=63596&Parent_Ids=



I wonder if I should consider any other collections?  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!