Monday, July 7, 2014

CCQ Goal # 1

I have made myself a new goal - two children's charity quilts a month for my quilt club's mission project. Most of these quilts go to the childrens ward at the local hospital.  We do have a few other programs, but this one gets the largest surplus.  I will need to remember to keep it simple.  I'm not really good at that...... practice, practice, practice.  I already started out simple --  the top was already made, a donation to the quilt club.

This one is waiting for binding.  I checked my stash, none of them were perfect tones for this blue.  Why am I so picky?  A child may even love the funky contrast.  I backed it with that bolt of puzzle designed fleece.


You can see all the childrens quilt donations by visiting the CCQ page.

I'm linking up with Judy L at Patchwork Times  where you will discover lots more wonderful projects decorating quilter's design walls.

Have a happy day and thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why we are that way! Things have to match! A child will probably never notice, but we want it to be just right any ways. Love the sailboat fabric. I admire you goal to provide two quilts a month!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!