Monday, July 28, 2014

The Disappearing Pinwheel

I've been in a QAL this weekend. The focus was to play with some disappearing block techniques.  I started out with the D4P with 4 colours.  I learned I would prefer that block in a 2 or 3 color set.

I moved on to the Disappearing Pinwheel.  What a great block.  I was working with a layer cake, so had to put 2 fabrics in each block.  There were several options for block layouts.  I decided on these two.  I only had enough to make 9 blocks.  I think I will add some sashing and borders to bring it up to adult lap size.  You will find a tutorial  HERE .


I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times and with Connie at Freemotion by the River  where you will be inspired with many more design walls.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. It looks great. A lot of our students have made this block - most seem to prefer the cog block over the churn. Each has looked so different by the colors, fabrics, and setting chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those pinwheels really look great! I love the variation of each :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how yours turned out! I learned how to do those blocks at retreat this year but have not have a chance to do more-but you sure got me thinking about it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Amish feel of this quilt - an updated version of traditional Amish! It makes a beautiful statement! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these blocks!! Can't wait to see how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the black background on these Kat...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!