I still had a mountain of little red pieces covering the work table, so I began making my usual wonky log blocks and mini rail fence blocks. When I quit sewing last evening, I had a very small collection finished
Friday, I picked it up again. I made more wonky logs and more rails to make it seem worthwhile.
I got a little bored making string type blocks, so I thought these little scraps would make some nice santas for christmas cards. I fussed too, I put in some chenille fabric I made a few weeks ago, for the beard, sparkley black fabric for the belt, I will stitch some eyes and a tiny button for the top of the hat. It should make a cute christmas card. The first one, I trimmed wrong! Don't you hate doing that? That kind of cutting cannot be undone. I made a second one, then concluded that it took up way too much time and way too little fabric.
So, I went back to the log blocks. I needed more and I needed a normal amount of rails. I even tried making a batch of 3-1/2 inch wonkly logs, but kept getting carried away and ended up with more 6-1/2 inch blocks.
I'm finished working the reds for this month. I've got to move on to a spiral tree skirt I've promised to someone as a barter for her LA a large quilt for me. I wish I could say that my red bin was tamed down now, but that would be an untruth................. maybe next year.
I'm linking up with Angela at Soscrappy for RSC14 Saturday. Hop on over there to see what amazing things other quilters are making with their reds.
Thanks so much for stopping by!