A bit of progress, Yes! I grew tired of sorting scrap strings and pieces. I found I had an imbalance of colors going on - small amount of cool colors, lots of warm colors. It seemed timely, I'll make an autumn-themed string quilt. Someone will like it. The narrow black sashing is showing off those tans very nicely. The dusty green center strip is very calming. I see an opportunity to 'control' the design with carefully chosen corner triangles.
So I took time to work through some of those strings I had tossed in the string box. I managed to sew and press a strip to both sides of the 36 blocks. It's difficult to step away from working on those blocks. I think I just started another project! LOL